Friday, October 31, 2014

Selflessness is gift of motherhood: Olivia Wilde

Los Angeles, Oct 31 (IANS) Actress Olivia Wilde’s priorities have changed ever since she has become a mother. She says selflessness is a quality that comes naturally once a woman delivers a child.


The 30-year-old gave birth to her first baby, boy Otis, with fiance Jason Sudeikis in April.

“The amazing thing about becoming a parent is that you will never again be your own first priority,” Wilde said at an event here, reports eonline.com.

“The gift of motherhood is the selflessness that it introduces you to, and I think that’s really freeing. And in terms of being a storyteller, I think it allows you to put yourself in other people’s shoes…the empathy that it slugs you with, being a mother. And I think it makes you a better storyteller,” she added.

Motherhood has also helped Wilde “take my place in the world a little bit more seriously”.

“I hope I can tell stories that somehow benefit the world that Otis will grow up in,” she said.

Her six month-old son is “amazing in every way,” said Wilde.




Selflessness is gift of motherhood: Olivia Wilde

0 comments:

Post a Comment